Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsibility and accountability for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department in
line with Faculty and University strategic plans and direction
- Development and sustainment of appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making
and communication with staff and students.
- The fulfillment of the University's responsibilities concerning students in respect of their admission,
instruction, progress and examination.
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all research undertaken and creating a
dynamic and forward-looking research environment for both staff and students.
- Ensuring that staff performance is managed appropriately and that fair workload allocation processes are in
- Engendering and fostering a culture of excellence, cooperation and respect both within and beyond the
- Taking responsibility for devolved budgets and complying with university financial regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continuing to develop as a leading academic researcher; including publication, securing of external
funding and the pursuit of other relevant indicators of standing in the field
- Giving due consideration to ways of retaining connections with teaching at both undergraduate and
Desired Candidate Profile
- have a very strong academic record and standing with excellent communication and delegation skills.
- A history of sustained success and leadership in Civil Engineeringngary steps for establishing and achieving established goals
- A history of sustained success and leadership in Civil Engineering
- Ability to supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely Indore specifically, for attracting and sustaining research funding from government agencies, foundations, and industry
- Ability to supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and
- Strong knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems, Distance, and Online
education operations and Quality Matters
A Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 15- 20 years of academic and
administrative experience at the university level.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Civil
PG:M.Tech in Civil
Doctorate:Ph.D/Doctorate in Civil
Chandigarh University (CU) is a leading Indian Institution offering its students a unique amalgamation of professional and academic excellence. The University has been accredited with the prestigious A+ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Chandigarh University has become Youngest and the only private university in India to bag an A+ grade in the first cycle of the accreditation process and has also become the only state private university of Punjab to be accredited by NAAC.
Also, ranked among Asias best and fastest-growing universities, CU has coupled the experience of top industry leaders and renowned academicians to foster a global approach.
A wide spectrum of programs paired with flexibility, experiential learning and interdisciplinary orientation emancipate our students to explore their interests and pursue dream careers. At CU we are grooming students to be socially sensitive through intellectually challenging and contemporary diverse culture.
Contact Company:Chandigarh University
Address:KHASRA NO 617/737,,,VILLAGE GHARUAN,GHARAUN, MOHALI, Punjab, India