Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Provost is the Chief Academic Affairs Officer of the University and provides leadership to all academic areas, so they reflect the mission of the institution. The Provost is an advocate for all academic programs, providing leadership to faculty and academic staff to ensure consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs that meet the needs of students. The Provost oversees the academic integrity of the university and provides assistance to the Vice Chancellor in terms of developing long-range plans; budgets; curriculum and program development. The Provost ensures compliance with various accreditation agencies as well as state accreditation and regulation. The Provost serves as Officiating Vice Chancellor for the University in the absence of the Vice Chancellor.
The Provost shall:
- provide leadership for all academic programs and works with constituent units of the University, along with their deans/directors and faculty to:
- facilitate appropriate program development.
- ensure systematic review of programs (majors/minors/specializations) to ensure quality and currency of the course content.
- formulate, maintain, and implement a high-quality curriculum.
- provide leadership in matters of academic policy and administration and regularly advise the Vice Chancellor on these matters.
- coordinate and provide assistance to the strategic planning unit in the office of the Vice Chancellor for the strategic planning process.
- coordinate with the Heads of various academic units and develop manpower plans and recommend to the Vice Chancellor the hiring, support, development and evaluation of faculty, staff, and administrators of instructional programs and services.
- coordinate with the Heads of various academic units and approve the assigning of courses and non-instructional assignments to full and part-time faculty.
- encourage and support the office of Dean Research in grant-writing, publishing and other scholarly activities of the faculty.
- supervise Associate Dean, Academic Affairs. The Associate Dean supervises the Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services and performs other tasks as assigned.
- supervise the Chief Librarian responsible for the library operations and management functions.
- work with the offices of Vice Chancellor and the CFO, to develop and implement the annual budget for the academic division of the University.
- responsible for accreditation efforts and the preparation of reports to various accrediting agencies.
- responsible for various rankings and ratings to be achieved.
- coordinate with the Heads of various academic units and HODs for preparation of the class schedule each semester; approves the final class schedule.
- collaborate with the Heads of various academic units and HODs regarding compilation of information for the published course catalogue.
- coordinate professional development activities for the University.
- serves as a member of various academic committees formulated by the Vice Chancellor.
- ensures communication with Heads of various academic units.
- perform other duties as delegated by the Vice Chancellor.
Desired Candidate Profile
Chandigarh University (CU) is a leading Indian Institution offering its students a unique amalgamation of professional and academic excellence. Chandigarh University has been awarded the prestigious A+ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Chandigarh University has become the only private university in India to bag A+ grade in the first cycle of the accreditation process and has also become the only state private university of Punjab to be accredited by NAAC.
Also, ranked among Asia's best and fastest growing universities, CU has coupled the experience of top industry leaders and renowned academicians and fosters a worldly approach.
Wide spectrum of programs paired with flexibility, experiential learning and interdisciplinary orientation emancipate our students to explore their interests and pursue fulfilling careers. At CU we are grooming students to be socially sensitive through intellectually challenging and contemporary diverse culture.
Contact Company:Chandigarh University