Roles and Responsibilities:
A sports development officer will plan and organise sports projects and campaigns in order to get more people involved. They work towards making sport more accessible to everyone and aim to get people living a healthier lifestyle. They may specialise in a particular sport or focus on a particular group of people, or have a more general remit.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Organising, developing and delivering a varied range of sporting activities, projects or programmes
- Finding funding and managing budgets
- Producing promotional material and displays
- Keeping statistical and financial records
- Undertaking administrative tasks
- Writing reports and press releases
- Liaising and working with relevant organisations or agencies including youth services, schools, clubs, sports coaches and sports councils
- Organising and undertaking market research
- Monitoring and assessing progress
- Finding and training coaches, volunteers and staff.
Desired Candidate Profile: Must have relevant Graduation or Post Graduation Degrees.
Perks and Benefits : Accommodation and food
UG:B.P.Ed in Physical Education
Chandigarh University, Gharuan
Chandigarh University also known as CU was established in the year 2012. The varsity has been recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The university has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The university offers a total of 136 courses in various streams such as Engineering and Architecture, Computer Application and IT, Animation and Design, Medicine and Allied Sciences, Hospitality and Tourism, Sciences, Management and Business Administration, Pharmacy, Commerce, Law, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Education, Media, Mass Communication and Journalism and many more.
The engineering programmes of Chandigarh University has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) whereas the law programmes have been approved by the approved by Bar Council of India (BCI). The pharmacy, architecture, education and physical education programmes offered by CU have been approved by the Pharmacy Council of India, Council of Architecture and National Council for Teacher Education respectively.
The university has secured 16th rank in the architecture category, 45th rank in the management category, 61st in the engineering category and 51st in the pharmacy category in NIRF 2021 ranking. In NIRF 2021 ranking, Chandigarh University has been ranked 77th in the overall category. In the university category, the varsity has bagged the 52nd position in the NIRF 2021 ranking.
Contact Company:Chandigarh University, Gharuan
Address:KHASRA NO 617/737,,,VILLAGE GHARUAN,GHARAUN, MOHALI, Punjab, India